By: Indira Ghosh, Marketing Associate
First, here are some facts about security vulnerabilities:
- More malware is being launched than ever before, with approximately 230,000 new malware samples per day.
- 92% of malware is delivered by email.
- 56% of IT decision makers say targeted phishing attacks are their top security threat.
- The average ransomware attack costs a small business anywhere from 40 thousand to 1 million dollars.
- It takes organizations an average of 191 days to identify data breaches.
Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online gives you basic protection, is that enough?
This is what you get:
- An Email filtering service that helps protect your organization against spam and malware. This filters out thousands of unsolicited messages daily that might contain malware.
- It is simple to setup and already has a powerful default out of the box.
- You can add additional rules to block emails that still pass through as well.
Now, what doesn’t it do?
- It does not check emails for malware attachments at all.
- It does not protect email content for website links that take you to Phishing sites.
Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) is an affordable add-on that provides the following:
- The email arrives at Microsoft, where it is scanned by Exchange Online Protection for SPAM.
- Next ATP scans the email; it ensures attachments are safe by checking the attachments against its real-time updated database.
- Additionally, if the system recognizes a suspicious link or content, the email is removed, or the rough contents of the link are described.
- Naturally, the user and the company IT administrator receive notification.
- The intelligent solution provided by Microsoft can protect your data against sophisticated threats.
Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) is about $2.00 per month which is $24.00 annually per user. ATP is a necessary layer in today’s security environment.
Give us a call at 914-355-5800 to find out more about ATP and other Microsoft security products.