Finding the Right IT Managed Services Provider for Healthcare
The healthcare industry is among the long-standing sectors worldwide and has been very beneficial to all of us. And with the onset of the pandemic a few years back, most healthcare providers have invested in tailored technologies, primarily IT-managed services, to have a sturdier footing in this digital era.
The adoption of healthcare IT services has seen very promising despite the fluctuations caused by inflation. The IT investments in digital healthcare technologies were predicted to stay around $15 to $25 billion worldwide—enough to conclude its strong relevance to a modernizing market with a few challenges from here and there. But what exactly are these IT advisory services for the healthcare industry in the modern standard? Let’s all find out in this write-up.
What are IT-managed services for healthcare?
IT managed services for healthcare companies refer to outsourcing a healthcare organization’s IT operations to a third-party provider. These can provide healthcare organizations with the technical expertise and support they need to manage their IT infrastructure, software, hardware, and network systems effectively. These services can include a range of services, such as:
- Network management and monitoring
- Data backup and recovery
- Security management and monitoring
- Cloud services management
- IT help desk
- On-site IT support
- Software and hardware management and updates
- Compliance management
- Consulting services
- Computer consultant
In addition to these core services, IT-managed services for healthcare may also provide specialized services such as:
- Electronic health record (EHR) system support
- Medical imaging and PACS (picture archiving and communication system) support
- Clinical workflow optimization
- Meaningful use reporting
- Telemedicine support
The major challenges addressed by healthcare IT services
As healthcare services evolve with the needs of modernizing patients, it also exposed industry-specific challenges. These are the common issues that IT advisory services for healthcare have been addressing:
- Compliance – Healthcare providers must comply with strict regulations such as HIPAA, HITECH, and GDPR to protect patient privacy and secure electronic medical records. IT managed services providers must ensure that their solutions comply with these regulations and that their clients remain compliant.
- Data Security – Healthcare providers handle sensitive patient data and must protect it from cyber threats such as data breaches, ransomware attacks, and phishing scams. Healthcare IT services providers must provide robust cybersecurity measures to protect patient data and ensure it is secure.
- Integration – Healthcare providers use various software solutions, such as electronic health record (EHR) systems, practice management systems, and billing systems, which must integrate seamlessly to ensure efficient operations. Managed IT services providers must ensure that their solutions integrate with their client’s existing systems and work seamlessly together.
Raising IT-managed services a notch higher through outsourcing
Outsourcing has become a viable solution for companies that choose not to keep an in-house IT team, and this can also be very beneficial to a healthcare services provider. There are several reasons why outsourcing the IT help that you need could be the next best business decision that you can make:
- Access to Technical Expertise – Healthcare providers may not have the in-house technical expertise to manage their IT systems effectively. Outsourcing IT managed services provides access to a team of experts with specialized skills and knowledge in managing IT systems for healthcare providers.
- Cost Savings – Outsourcing IT-managed services can be more cost-effective than hiring and training an in-house IT team. Service providers can provide cost-effective solutions and scale their services to meet the healthcare provider’s needs, reducing the need for expensive hardware and software investments.
- Improved Efficiency – Managed services providers can provide proactive maintenance and monitoring of IT systems, reducing downtime and improving operational efficiency. This allows healthcare providers to focus on patient care and improve clinical outcomes.
- Compliance – Healthcare providers must comply with strict regulations such as HIPAA, HITECH, and GDPR to protect patient privacy and secure electronic medical records. Managed services providers have experience in managing compliance requirements and can help healthcare providers ensure that they remain compliant.
- Security – Healthcare providers handle sensitive patient data and must protect it from cyber threats such as data breaches, ransomware attacks, and phishing scams. Managed services providers can provide robust cybersecurity measures to protect patient data and ensure it is secure.
Outsourcing IT-managed services for healthcare providers can provide a range of benefits, including improved efficiency, cost savings, technical expertise, compliance, and security. These benefits can help healthcare providers focus on providing high-quality patient care while leaving the technology concerns to the experts.
How to find the right healthcare IT services provider
Choosing the right healthcare IT services provider can be crucial for healthcare organizations. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a healthcare IT services provider:
- Healthcare Expertise – Look for a provider that specializes in healthcare IT services and has experience working with healthcare organizations. The provider should be familiar with healthcare regulations and industry-specific software, such as EHRs and PACS.
- Technical Expertise – Choose a provider with the technical expertise to manage your IT infrastructure and systems effectively. The provider should have certified engineers and technicians with vast experience in managing IT systems for healthcare organizations.
- Security Expertise – Healthcare providers must protect sensitive patient data from cyber threats such as data breaches, ransomware attacks, and phishing scams. Choose a partner that adept in implementing security for healthcare organizations and has robust cybersecurity measures in place.
- Compliance Expertise – You must comply with strict regulations such as HIPAA, HITECH, and GDPR to protect patient privacy and secure electronic medical records. Go with the one with expertise in compliance requirements and a strong track record of helping healthcare organizations remain compliant.
- Scalability Options – Work with a provider that can scale their services to meet the needs of your healthcare organization. Your IT requirements may change as your organization grows, and you need a provider that can adapt to your changing requirements.
- Support Framework – Look for a provider that offers 24/7 support and has a responsive help desk. The provider should have a team of experts available to address any issues that arise quickly.
- Communication Approach – Choose a provider that communicates effectively and regularly with your healthcare organization. The provider should be transparent about their services, pricing, and performance and be available to discuss any concerns or issues.
Are you looking for one? We check all the boxes to provide you with the best IT-managed services for healthcare that you need. Talk to us.