New Tools for Data Classification in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Overview of Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an enterprise resource planning software crafted by Microsoft. Business Central shares a similar codebase as its predecessor Dynamics NAV. This application is mainly a SaaS Solution that can be accessed through the cloud as well as it can be installed as an on-premise solution. As per the 2018 release, it is also available to the users as part of the hybrid deployment release. The Business Central is specifically designed for multiple Small and Medium-level Business Enterprises who want to streamline their processes effectively and gain the most out of it.
Companies would be able to make complete utilization through Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functionality. They would also be able to streamline their processes through Microsoft Dynamics Database Tables thereby making smarter decisions. The following section would be focused on some of the deeper aspects concerning the data classification for Business Central. How exactly are the tools helping out organizations in revolutionizing their data after the decisions are mainly based on the GDPR Compliance?
New Tools for Data Classification in Dynamics 365 Business
With the introduction of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft signified that a modular approach is on the books for the Small and Medium level companies. Whenever these companies want to approach and adopt an ERP Solution, then the Dynamics Business Central is the way to go. Microsoft has made things a lot easier with the introduction of some of the tools meant for Data Classification in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Classifying Data in Dynamics 365 has mainly helped companies work collectively towards ensuring privacy compliance, mainly because of the post-GDPR era. The General Data Protection Regulation was enforced on 25th May 2018 as an important regulation in the European Union Law on the protection of the data as well as the maintenance of privacy.
Because of this new update, all of the current data classification features would be moved to this module. This would consolidate all of the features in one single spot thereby including the Data Classification Worksheet and the Wizard Pages along with the Data Classification Management code unit.
There are multiple options currently present for Data Classification through Worksheet and Wizard Pages. For instance, users would be able to Export the Excel file with all of the sensitive fields marked as classified. They would then be able to import the file so that they can then add them to the required classifications. Plus, data can then be classified using the different functionalities provided by Microsoft Dynamics Business Central.
Some of the capabilities that are provided by the Data Classification module are as given below,
- Users get the functionality of creating new entries into the Data Sensitivity Table for every field present in the database that would contain any of the sensitive information. Mainly the data sensitivity table or sensitivity analysis is one of these tools wherein all the results of the specific data would be tested under real-time circumstances. It is therefore very essential for companies to execute this scenario and that is the possibility that is being fulfilled by Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Data Sensitivity fields would then be filled in the table.
- The synchronization would then be carried out across the Data Sensitivity along with the Field Tables. This is carried out by introducing some of the new values in the tables. This is done for every new entry in the Data Sensitivity Field Table.
- The next step would be to query whether all of these mentioned fields are classified.
- Another query should be passed whether the data sensitivity table is empty for the existing organization.
- You would then be able to insert fresh data sensitivity value for the fields present in the database.
- Next up, you should enter new data privacy entities entry for the tables present in the database.
- The next step would be to get the dates for the last time when the field and the data sensitivity tables were synchronized.
- The final step would be to raise the event and thereby retrieve all of the data privacy entities.
It is important to understand that Microsoft has provided two of the most reliable options for the classification of data in an effective manner, and these include Data Classification Worksheet and the Data Classification Wizard. Users would be able to export the Excel files wherein you would be able to classify all of the sensitive fields from the target file.
Once the classification is done and the sensitive fields are noted and taken care of, the file import procedure must begin so that users would then be able to add the appropriate classifications for data segregation. You can even carry out the Data Classification step using multiple functionalities provided by Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Computer Solutions East provides official support for Microsoft Solutions and Products, and this includes providing expertise on Dynamics 365 Business Central. As per its latest release, CSE also provides technical advice to clients whenever they deem necessary to do so. It is also vital for clients to understand the nuances of every release and how it can impact as per their current business needs.
Call us to know more at (914)-355-580.