Drag-and-Drop Programming with the Meraki Dashboard API
Node-RED is a programming tool utilized for connecting the hardware devices, APIs, and other online services in some of the most novel ways. The application provides users with an editor, making it easier to connect using multiple nodes, which can then be deployed with just one click.
Some of the features that are provided by Node-RED are as follows,
- Created on Node.js – One of the first features provided by Node-RED would be its light-weight runtime. This is mainly built on Node.js, and users would then be able to run it at the edge of the network using low-cost hardware using Raspberry Pi. There are over 225,000 modules present in the Node repository, making it easier to extend the range of palette nodes.
- Social Development – The flows that are made using Node-RED are then stored using JSON, which can then be imported and exported, assisting in sharing with multiple users. It also consists of an online flow library that will help you out with sharing them into the Node community.
Node-RED Tools for Programming with Meraki
Node-RED is a tool that would also help you out with dragging and dropping commands to create flows that can function in any possible way with the Meraki Dashboard API. You would be able to carry out the drag and drop automation with Meraki Node-RED node. As you can create intuitive workflows, Node-RED fills up all of the boilerplate codes or blanks around the actions.
There are some of the vital flows that are present concerning Meraki and also with Node-RED. Some of these flow areas listed down below,
- Meraki Scanning API – Meraki Scanning API would deliver data in real-time from the Meraki cloud helping you to detect Wi-Fi and BLE Devices in real-time. These elements would then be sent across through an HTTP POST to a destination server. The data would then be accumulated from multiple access points within the network on the Meraki cloud. Cisco Meraki has primarily built an end-to-end system that would collate data from various endpoints for useful collection, presentation as well as the data analysis on the Meraki Dashboard. Using the physical placement of numerous access points from the Map along with the Floorplan on the Dashboard, the Meraki Cloud would then pinpoint the exact location of the client. This method proves to be very advantageous when it comes to drag and drop programming.
- Meraki Captive Portal API- The captive portal would help with the extension of the power of the Meraki splash page. This will provide users with complete control of the authentication process and its content. The Captive Portal API would then configure the Meraki Network for supporting customized hosted splash pages. Two of the essential and primary methods employed for Meraki Captive Portal API would be click-through and Sign-on.
Some of the advantages provided by the click-through method include,
- It is simple.
- It provides the right amount of branding.
- It has terms of service that users would be able to adhere to.
Some of the advantages provided by the Sign-on method involve,
- This method is far more advanced than the other techniques suggested.
- Secure authentication methods for drag and drop programming.
- Great accounting feature.
- It is very secure as compared to the Click-through method.
- Meraki Dashboard API – This Meraki Dashboard API is an interface that can be used directly with the Meraki cloud platform as well as its managed devices. This API will contain a collection of tools, also called endpoints, which would assist in building software that then communicates with the Meraki Dashboard framework. This dashboard API is a RESTful API that uses HTTPS requests to the URL and JSON in a readable format. The Dashboard API is also an optional tool that can be utilized for multiple purposes, and some of the instances on how it can be used today by all the Meraki Customers. Some of these instances include,
- Adding new companies, administrators, networks, devices, and Virtual networks.
- We are providing thousands of websites in just a few minutes with the use of automation scripts.
- Onboarding and offboarding of new employees automatically with teleworker devices.
- Users would be able to build customized dashboards for multiple store managers, field techs, and other Meraki API Use cases.
The Dashboard API would also help users with the Drag and Drop Programming methodology.
Computer Solutions East is a Cisco certified partner and provides expert advice on many of the Cisco tools that are present for the benefit of the users. CSE also provides expertise concerning the Meraki Dashboard API that would help users out with availing the Drag and Drop feature seamlessly.
Call us to know more at (914)-355-5800