Field Service can be referred to as the management of business resources that can be carried out to the customer’s property, or the company property. This can also include vehicle tracking, employee activity management, and accordingly dispatching tasks, and so on. Field Service is advantageous for companies that want to take care of services, installations, system repairs, etc. To make this more efficient and simpler, a Field Service Business Application is put in place for resource management across companies.
The Field Service application enables you to help organizations deliver onsite service to customer locations. The application combines workflow automation, scheduling algorithms, and quality to set mobile staff up for success when they’re onsite with customers fixing problems.
These are some examples of the types of organizations – manufacturing, utilities, health care, and equipment maintenance. They use the application to manage their field service. Let’s know how these organizations will benefit from Dynamics 365 for Field Service:
- Manufacturing – A medical device manufacturer sells machines to hospitals and clinics, so they use the application to manage maintenance services over the lifetime of the tools.
- Utilities – A fiber optic cable utility company uses the application to respond to outages by dispatching technicians to problem areas.
- Health care – An in-home care service provider uses the application to schedule and dispatch healthcare workers to administer medicine and other care to multiple patients.
- Equipment maintenance – A facility manager uses the application to deliver maintenance and repair services for heating and cooling equipment.
Top challenges of Field Service
In this modern age of technology, the Field Service industry could face many challenges. So, here are the top five challenges Field Service industry are facing today:
- Communication – Deliver an end-to-end customer-centrist experience. Customers prefer to stay in the loop regarding their service calls. If your vehicle is running late, if you have to cancel, or if you have to order a part and come back on a different day, it helps to have a mechanism in place that extends visibility to the client.
- Schedule Adherence – Customers expect your company to deliver the products and services they pay for, and your company relies on its employees to meet these expectations. This means it’s essential that field workers maintain their assigned schedules even when they are away from the office.
- Performance Management – Each company needs precise and transparent data to compare their performance against goals and make decisions that move the business forward. For this, reports are a great way to analyze product demand and monitor the growth of your customer base.
- Fix Rate – One of the costliest expenses for the Field Service industry is ‘rework,’ i.e., having to make a return visit to a customer’s location due to lack of information. Sending the wrong person with the wrong tools, at the wrong time, to the wrong place doesn’t help any organization.
- Reactive Readiness – The fifth challenge that the Field Service industry faces is the ability to recognize a technological shift and implement a more proactive service management style. Technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) empower predictive maintenance and help field service organizations avoid equipment downtime.
However, the good news is that the right technology system can solve all these challenges.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Microsoft Dynamics 365 also brings impressive benefits for Field Service businesses. Below are the ten ways that can help solve the top challenges of the Field Service industry:
- Assign the most qualified technician by matching technician’s skills with the specifics of each work order.
- Balance workloads and resources through identifying and organizing available resources by category.
- Optimize schedules to help decrease driving time by considering geography, personnel availability, and customer preferences.
- Stay on schedule by providing turn-by-turn driving directions to technicians for each appointment.
- Create work orders directly from a case, an email, or a customer portal and track the orders against service-level agreements, entitlements, and invoicing.
- Complete work orders by using the solution to photograph completed work, obtain customer signatures, and collect payments.
- View customer preferences and order histories and align their records across sales, marketing, customer service, and field service teams. Also, organize service contracts, warranties, and entitlements for easier access by qualified personnel.
- Manage assets and equipment by increasing visibility into warranty and service agreements, total revenue, related costs, and audit history.
- Access analytics and KPIs in a central repository designed to support decision-making.
- Drive operational efficiency with IoT by proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving issues – dispatching technicians only when necessary.
With the digital era ingesting up businesses, to not mention entire industries, Dynamics 365 for Field Service provides your customers with machine-driven and self-service outcomes so that your technicians could focus where their knowledge, experience, and curiosity ought to be on complex, high-stakes case resolution. You can avail of the expert services from CSE (Computer Solutions East), as Dynamics 365 is growing at an exponential rate, and its demand in the market is also becoming extremely fast so, CSE is one of the best places to take this service from.
Call us today at 914-355-5800 to know more about Dynamics 365 Field Service and other Microsoft Products!