Why is it called Endpoint Security?
Endpoint Protection or Endpoint Security can be defined as the security measures that were taken to note down the threats that are experienced by network endpoints. These endpoints can be devices that include servers, laptops, workstations, mobile devices, and so on.
Some organizations execute this measure concerning following the security and compliance standards. This is very important when it comes to the overall operation, as well as the feasibility of the company. Also, the endpoint devices which are connected to the central servers can be the actual targets if there are any chances of a potential cybercrime attack. If these devices are compromised, endpoints will allow these entities to break into the network and gain access to potential information.
If endpoints are not taken care of in the earlier stages, it might cause a lot of issues for companies. This is why the term endpoint security makes sense in so many ways. Any security threats and flaws that might occur because of these endpoints must be taken care of. Companies need to have measures in place so that the company network remains secure.
Why is Endpoint Security Important?
If we take an instance of any given workplace or a corporation, they are very dynamic. Therefore, they are now trying to elevate the integration practices, thus ensuring faster access to data, which can be done through remote access as well.
On the one hand, these measures can prove to be very handy since we need to handle many workforces that are currently present, but on the flip side, it can cause issues concerning security. If there is any security breakdown, it might collapse the entire network.If you are having devices like smartphones and laptops plugged in with an open-source wi-fi network, you are essentially inviting this malware-ridden attacks into your endpoint. So, a threat is always there whether you like it or not.
There have been official researches conducted with reputed companies, and it shows the sorry stage concerning an endpoint security standpoint. The Ponemon Institute carried out a study on a topic called The Cost of Insecure Endpoints, and it concluded that,
- There are about 48% of the companies who are not satisfied with the existing endpoint security checkpoints in place.
- There are over 55% of the companies that are exposed to a potential data breach, that can cost the company millions of dollars.
- Unproductive endpoint security measures in place cost a total of $6million on average annually. This occurs mainly owing to the detection of potential breaches and time wasted in solving them.
It is also to be noted that an average personal computer faces close to 3 cyber-attacks per month, and if we are taking the perspective of an organization, then the damages are a lot more than imaginable.
What Constitutes a Good Endpoint Protection Plan?
Companies must take appropriate steps in ensuring that a good endpoint protection plan is put into place. Some of the steps which must be taken in this respect are listed as follows,
- Good policy management ensures that are a set of rules concerning who gets control of the company server, what are the permissions must be set up for every user, and what are the overriding protocols in any case.
- Patch management must be set up in the cases of having security patches set up in the case of any cyber-attacks.
- Having a centralized management system is an important aspect that must be considered by companies as well.
- Advanced device control needs to be in place so that companies would be able to monitor the external devices, drives, Bluetooth connections, and cloud storage as well and providing them system encryption keys.
Why Computer Solutions East?
Computer Solutions East is a foremost expert concerning Microsoft Security, and the one product that is contributed by the organization for its different clients is the ATP or Advanced Threat Protection. This product offers a whole range of security solutions that protects the users against any malware attacks that could target any sensitive data in the systems. This application can be managed through software or managed devices as well.
Computer Solutions East Security Experts give the clients a thorough understanding of the product concerning the current security protocols of the client. The experts walk them through every aspect of the tool and how best it can benefit the clients owing to a vast array of security features it offers.
ATP provides clients with the endpoint security measures that would safeguard their devices against these potential attacks. It ensures that there is no security breach whatsoever when you have this in the system.